Mayo v Westmeath – Calling All Mayo Fans, We’re back to Croke Park
Our Round 4 Qualifier match with Westmeath brings us back to Croke Park next Saturday the 30th July, which is a little earlier than a lot of us would origninally have bargained for. But it’s the route we had to take, and we face our 3rd game in 4 weeks on Saturday after ours wins against Fermanagh and Kildare. We are part of a triple header on the day with our match throwing in at 6pm (live on Sky Sports). Cork will be doing battle with Donegal before us at 4pm while the minors of Cork and Donegal will be the opening match of the day at 2pm. It will be our first meeting against the Lake County men since our league clash with them in a wet Mullingar in 2014, which we won narrowly. Our last championship affair came in 2001 our Qualifier debut in Dr. Hyde Park, where we succumbed to the Leinster men after extra time by a single point.
- Mater Car Park: Pre booking is necessary here
- Q-Park: Park for up to 24 hours on match-day in Q-Park Clerys. Or park in Q-Park Usher’s Quay.
- Park Rite: All day parking on event days is available at Park Rite locations across the city centre for €5 for match day patrons upon production of your match ticket. Locations and pre-booking here.
- Clonliffe College: The Clonliffe College car park is situated 5 minutes from Croke Park Stadium. Parking is available for just €10 on match days. The car park has 2000 spaces, including 100 disabled spaces and is accessible via Drumcondra Road Lower. Pre-book the car park here.
We’ve been told that the quays in Dublin will be closed on Saturday. If you normally use this route to Croke Park we’d advise an alternative route on Saturday.
Dublin’s north and south quays will be closed to eastbound and westbound traffic at O’Connell bridge from 8pm on Friday July 29th until 6am on Tuesday August 2nd. The closure will be to facilitate essential Luas Cross City construction works over the weekend. Diversions will be in place.
Here are some bus companies that will be travelling to the match on Sunday. If you know of any more, please let us know and we will add them in here. Call to book your seat in advance if you haven’t already, we don’t want to see any of you lot thumbing up the N5!
- Corduff Coach’s Westport 9AM > Castlebar 9.30 > Swinford 10AM.
- Gillespie Coaches 085 7646523 €25 Call for details.
- Barrett Coaches 097 83544 Call for details.
Irish Rail have announced extra services to Dublin to cover the All-Ireland Rd 4B qualifier on Saturday 30th July. There will be three extra trains with one departing from Ballina and the other two from Westport. Booking on www.irishrail.ie is essential to secure your train ticket.
The following additional services have been added to accommodate supporters travelling to/from the match:
- 11:15hrs Westport
- 11:27hrs Castlebar
- 11:46hrs Claremorris
- 12:00hrs Ballyhaunis
- 12:52hrs Athlone
- Arrive Heuston 14:30
Special Train 2
- 11:25hrs Ballina
- 11:35hrs Foxford
- 12:03hrs Claremorris
- 12:18hrs Ballyhaunis
- 13:09hrs Athlone
- Arrive Heuston 14:45
Return trains depart Heuston station at 20:50hrs to Westport and at 21:10hrs to Ballina.
Bring the Colour, Bring the Noise!
As we always say, bring the colour, bring the noise! We want to see a “Sea Of Green & Red” again as always in Croke Park on Saturday evening. It really does make a difference. The team do take notice when the Mayo supporters get behind them at a match. Andy Moran, when interviewed after the Fermanagh match in Castlebar, said this,
“I thought the support was excellent. It was great to see so many here today but we’re Mayo, we’re in this together, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from the supporters.” – Andy Moran interviewed in the Western People.
Match tickets will be available at all usual outlets before the match. There will also be tickets available to purchase from the Croke Park ticket office on Dorset Street and the North Circular Road offices. Season Tickets holders will have received an email earlier in the week regarding opt-outs. If any Season Ticket holders haven’t already done so, now is the time to set up your group seating, details on how to are here.
Stephen Rochford interview after Mayo v Kildare match
- Season Ticket Holders Entered Into Draw For 500 All Ireland Final Tickets - August 27, 2021
- 2018 Allianz Prediction Mini League - January 23, 2018
- Face The Ball Prediction League Update - August 29, 2017