Alternative transport to Croke Park this Sunday 24th of August.
As you probably know by now, there is threatened industrial action by Iarnród Éireann workers this weekend the 24th & 25th of August. This makes transport to Croke Park this Sunday all the more difficult for travelling supporters, both from Mayo and Kerry. Services affected include Intercity, DART and commuter routes.
If you are intending on driving to Croke Park next Sunday, please remember that there is very limited parking around the stadium. The area is monitored by Dublin City Council Parking Enforcement and illegally parked cars may be clamped or towed away. There are numerous car parks nearby however, including O’Connell School on the North Circular Road, Clonliffe College on Clonliffe Road, the Mater Hospital car park on Eccles street, just off Dorset Street. There are also plenty of city centre car parks, some of which run special offers on match days – just check out the link here:
Via Mayo GAA – Euro Car Parks Special Match Day Offer of €6 (Book in advance)
Euro Car Parks, Ireland’s leading car parking operator, today announced details of its €6 match day parking offer which will allow GAA fans travelling from Mayo and Kerry book their Croke Park car parking spaces in advance on www.eurocarparks.ie.
The new service is available at the Mater Car Park, the closest official car park to the stadium, with all day parking available for only €6. For many Mayo fans the victory over Cork in the quarter- final was marred by discovering their cars clamped when they left the stadium. The online booking service was launched two weeks ago and so far hundreds of GAA fans from all over the country have availed of the offer and booked on www.eurocarparks.ie.
Fans are advised to book early for this weekend to avoid disappointment as there are only 400 guaranteed spaces available.
If you are driving to the match this Sunday please also think about car pooling (and please feel free to post on our Facebook page or mention us on twitter using the hashtag #mayogaalifts if looking for or offering seats!). If driving it’s wise to allow plenty of time for travelling as there will be various delays on the road to Croke Park on Sunday (as if it wasn’t hard enough!)
- The Ballaghderren by-pass is nearing completion and has traffic lights on both ends.
- The annual Longford mini marathon will be taking place on Sunday morning and expect lengthy delays both sides of Longford town. Marathon will start at 8.30am with the wheelchair participants starting at 9.45am. The Marathon is due to finish at approx 4pm Sunday afternoon.
- There will be road closures on the Chapelizod road in Dublin from 7am to 1pm on Sunday morning. (Thanks to @dochreidte for info)
Bus operators providing transport to Croke Park this Sunday 24th
Please note: There are lots of private operators departing on Sunday and offering good deals direct to Drumcondra. Mayo Club ’51 strongly advises that you contact the bus operators directly first to book and confirm times of departure.
- TMG Transport : Leaving The Gateway Swinford @8 AM. Contact 094 9252156 or 087-8505045
- Corduff Travel : travelling from Belmullet & Ballina. Contact 097-88949
- Treacy Coaches : Leaving Ballina @7.30 AM. Contact 096-22563
- Gillespie Coaches : Leaving Crossmolina & Ballina. Contact 085-7646523
- Malachy Gaughan Coaches : Leaving Belmullet. Contact 097 81243
If there’s anything we haven’t included here, get in touch with us and we’ll add it in.
Regardless of whether you’re driving, bus-ing, cycling, hitching or just good old-fashioned jet-packing it, be sure to have your colours on display en route and your voices in warm-up mode. And don’t forget the tae and sangwidges.
Safe travels to all of you making the journey and arrive alive!
We welcome all feedback and participation, so if you have any ideas or suggestions and would like to contribute to the group, drop us a line - we’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Twitter.
Latest posts by Admins (see all)
- Face The Ball Prediction League Update - August 29, 2017
- Clare v Mayo Rd 3 Qualifier - July 6, 2017
- Galway v Mayo 2017 Connacht Championship Semi Final - June 4, 2017