We’re off on the road again, Cork here we come!
We’re off on our travels again, this time to Páirc Úi Rínn in the “People’s Republic of Cork”! The last time Mayo played Cork (it was in Páirc Úi Caoimh) was back in 2013 in round 7 of the league (where we won by a point, 0-10 to 0-11). Who remembers Cillian’s 2 cracking frees from each of the sidelines? Mayo Club ’51 will of course be making the long journey south, some of us will be travelling down on Saturday and others on Sunday morning.
Please note that the game throws in at the earlier time of 2 pm (which, by the way will be summertime as the clocks go forward an hour on Saturday! So don’t be late for the match or Mass either!). The referee for this match will be Eddie Kinsella, who will hopefully have a good day at the office! Tickets for this match will also be slightly dearer at €20 (because of the hurling). Make sure to avail of the €5 discount by purchasing before the day.
Getting There and Parking
- Getting to Páirc Úi Rínn isn’t too difficult. Anyone that has been to Páirc Úi Caoimh before, it is only about half a mile away. Follow our map below from the City centre.
- Parking however is not as plentiful as it is around Páirc Úi Caoimh (as limited as that is!). It is all mostly on- street parking around Páirc Ú Rínn so if you’re planning on driving get there early or you’ll have a bit of a trek on your hands and a traffic jam getting out.
- There’s a bus leaving from Shrule/Glencorrib on Sunday – contact Tom Sheridan on 087 925 6326 for details.
- Our friends in the The Sea Rod Inn Doohoma are organising their customary bus on the day, leaving at 7.30 am – Call Barrett Coaches on 097 83544 for details.
- We’ve no knowledge of anyone organising a bus from Dublin though we’ve been contacted by a few people enquiring about same. If you’re interested in organising a bus or travelling on one, or indeed doing some car pooling, please leave a comment below.
- Most people traveling down to Cork the day before will have already booked accommodation. However if you haven’t booked yet, you might still be in luck! A Mayo supporter has informed us that they have an apartment available for this Saturday night in Cork. It sleeps 6 and is €250 for the night. If you are interested, or if you know anyone who may be, drop us a line and hopefully you’ll be sorted out!
On the Town
- If there are any of you planning on travelling to Cork on Saturday, we will be having the now customary Club ’51 meetup in the Mutton Inn on Mutton Lane, beside the English Market. Visit their page here; https://www.facebook.com/mutton.lane/info?tab=overview
- Anyone that likes some “Blues” music, you won’t be disappointed in Cork! We’ve been told there’s a great band called “The Watermelons” playing in Charlies Bar, 2 Union Quay on Saturday night that are well worth a listen!
- Philip Gillivan from Westport has a pub in MacCurtain St Cork called the Shelbourne Bar. Anyone on match day before or after the match who is wearing a Mayo Jersey/t shirt and producing a match ticket will get a free pint of Heineken. Up Mayo!
- Taxis :
- Cork Taxi – 6, Washington Street West, Cork. Phone: (021) 4-27-22-22
- Douglas Street Cabs – 105 Douglas Street Cork. Phone: (021) 484 7600
- Yellow Cabs – 3 Courthouse Street Cork. Phone: (021) 487 7777
- Lee Cabs – 1A Popes Quay Cork. Phone: (021) 439 3977
- Satellite Taxis – Pouladuff Rd Cork. Phone: (021) 434 7777
- As it’s an away game, the more colour we can bring, the better. And the more noise we can make, the better. We’ll be giving our banners and flags another good airing this year, so help us out, bring your own and let’s make that stand a noisy sea of green and red.
We welcome all feedback and participation, so if you have any ideas or suggestions and would like to contribute to the group, drop us a line - we’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Twitter.
Latest posts by Admins (see all)
- Face The Ball Prediction League Update - August 29, 2017
- Clare v Mayo Rd 3 Qualifier - July 6, 2017
- Galway v Mayo 2017 Connacht Championship Semi Final - June 4, 2017